WAUKESHA COUNTY PARKS ANNOUNCES FREE PARKS ADMISSION DAYS FOR VETERANS AND ACTIVE MILITARY
(WAUKESHA, WI) – Waukesha County Executive Paul Farrow is pleased to announce that Waukesha County Parks will offer three free park admission days for Veterans and Active Military personnel at all eight of the county’s fee-based parks.
“I am pleased that we can provide this simple gesture to our military men and women in appreciation for their service and sacrifices,” said Waukesha County Executive Paul Farrow. “We are proud to be able to honor our nation’s heroes at a local level.”
The Veterans and Active Military free admission days for 2019 will be Memorial Day on May 27, Independence Day on July 4, and Veterans Day on November 11 from sunrise to 10 p.m. at eight parks. Participants should be able to show their Military or Veteran ID Card.
Waukesha County Fee-Based Park Locations:
- Fox Brook Park, 2925 N. Barker Road, Brookfield, WI 53045
- Fox River Park, W264 S4500 River Road, Waukesha, WI 53189
- Menomonee Park, W220 N7884 Town Line Road, Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
- Minooka Park, 1927 E. Sunset Drive, Waukesha, WI 53186
- Mukwonago Park, S100W31900 County Hwy LO, Mukwonago, WI 53149
- Muskego Park, S83 W20370 Janesville Road, Muskego, WI 53150
- Naga-Waukee Park, 651 Hwy 83, Hartland, WI 53029
- Nashotah Park, W330 N5113 C.T.H. C, Nashotah, WI 53058
Waukesha County also offers a reduced rate annual park admission sticker for Disabled Veterans and former Prisoners of War. For more information, visit the Parks Online Store.
About the Waukesha County Park System
The Waukesha County Park System is a natural resource based park system that demonstrates stewardship while providing recreational and educational opportunities. For more information, visit our web site at www.waukeshacountyparks.com or follow @WaukeshaCoParks on Twitter or like us on Facebook.