There is a metal disk/pipe in my yard about 3" round. What is this?
This is the "curb box" for your property. This pipe allows the Utility &/or your plumber to shut off the water to your home if the valves fail inside your home. A special "key/wrench" accesses a valve below the ground that will shut off the water service to your home. It is the property owners responsibility to keep this pipe accessible and not damage, or fill with debris. Please DO NOT plant trees, cover with landscaping etc. The valve cover should sit flush with the ground so that you can mow over it. Sometimes the "curb box" will wind up in your driveway. Please contact the Utility BEFORE you pave or pour concrete. We should make sure the pipe/valve is working correctly. It would be a terrible waste to pave, and then need to tear it out because repairs are required.

Show All Answers

1. When do water/sewer bills get mailed?
2. Why am I getting a water/sewer bill when I no longer live in Pewaukee?
3. I just purchased a softener, how hard is my water?
4. Why does my water meter need to be changed?
5. Where does my water come from?
6. Why does my water taste/smell like chlorine?
7. There is a metal disk/pipe in my yard about 3" round. What is this?
8. Do you add fluoride to the water?
9. When will you bring municipal water to my neighborhood?
10. I think the hydrant in my yard is UGLY. Can I hide/screen it?
11. Why are there flags in my yard?
12. What if I pay my Water Bill Late?
13. My meter change letter says that I must work the valves near my meter. Why should I have to do that?
14. Why are there guys in big trucks opening manhole covers?
15. My basement smells like sewage, but there is no back up.
16. There is sewage backed up in my basement.
17. There is a metal cover in the street/yard about 6" round. What is this?
18. What happens if I overpay my Water Bill?